Medical Assistant for Naturopathic Primary Care Clinic
$ Hourly $19 to $26
+ PTO, Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, HSA
♥ Full-Time In Person, 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Northwest Integrative Medicine is a vibrant naturopathic primary-care clinic in peaceful Tigard, Oregon. We are on a mission to heal with the combined resources of Western and naturopathic medicine. Integration is the north star that guides how we work together and for our patients.
How we elevate your life:
Inclusive practitioners will help you build your career in medicine in a supportive, collaborative environment. Work to your strengths when we pair you with providers whose procedures cater to your experience as a Medical Assistant. Our staff deserve the best care possible too, and our strong patient conduct rules ensure staff always feel respected.
Pay range, benefits, and perks:
We embrace diversity and inclusion at Northwest Integrative Medicine and offer a variety of wellness benefits to help all our employees bring their authentic selves to work every day.
$19 to $26 Hourly Pay
- Medical, Dental Coverage
- Company Provided Long-Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Free & Safe Parking
- Employee discounts on supplements and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Medical Assistant can look like:
- Arrive at 8:00am to review your schedule for the day.
- Meet with providers in a morning huddle and prepare for procedures.
- Throughout the day, you will
- Room patients.
- Take vitals.
- Complete blood draws.
- Assist in procedures (like PIT, IV Therapy, ear lavages, gyn exams, minor surgeries, etc.)
- Administer vaccines.
- Give patients instructions before and after procedures.
- Perform administrative work (referrals, prior authorizations, prescription management, medical triage, etc.).
A typical situation you might run into:
We ask our MAs to triage acute scheduling situations and prescription needs. Let’s say a patient needs to be seen right away, but their PCP has a full schedule. You may need to do a little problem solving.
You’ll always find help when you ask for it, but we want you to try and find a solution first.
What might you do?
- Could you schedule with another provider who matches the patient’s needs?
- Does the provider have any blocks on the schedule set aside for acute situations?
If you’re a proactive MA interested in this kind of problem solving, we would love to receive your resume.
Ideal applicants will have experience in the medical field as a medical assistant, be cheerful, dependable and focused on patient wellness.
- Certification or registration as a Medical Assistant in the state of Oregon.
- Minimum 1-year medical assisting experience.
- Experience with Word and Excel.
- Experience in basic charting of vitals, administered treatments, and of patient information (including demographics and medication reconciliation).
- Able to collect standard vitals: BP, Temp, O2 sat, HR, weight and height, and occasionally other parameters as needed.
- Trained in blood draws and working within universal precaution safety practices.
- Basic Life Support Certification within 1 month of employment (we will cover cost of recertification).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications we would love to see:
- Experience as a medical scribe.
- 2 years or more of experience with EHR
- Knowledge of medical triage
- Fluent in Spanish or Russian
Remote work is not available for this position.
As a primary care clinic, we are continuing to see patients through telehealth as well as in person with vigorous screening and sanitation practices. Our employees are provided with all the PPE needed and our front desk has a divider window to limit exposure.
We are looking to interview and hire as soon as possible. Our process includes one formal interview (in person or teleconference), followed by a full-day shadow interview.