After Hours On-Call Physician number: 503-765-6020
This phone number is not answered, and phone calls will not be returned, during normal business hours.
Use this number for semi-urgent health concerns and questions outside of normal business hours. During normal business hours call our office: 503-855-4341
It is not a replacement for an office visit and the primary goal of these calls is determining if urgent action is needed. BE SURE TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL. You can generally expect a call within an hour.
If you are having a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed to the nearest Emergency Room.
Do not call the on-call phone:
- If you are having a medical emergency, call 911
- If it is during normal business hours (M-F. 8am – 5pm)
- To schedule appointments
- To cancel/reschedule appointments
- For billing or insurance concerns
- To refill medications or supplements
- To discuss lab results or review treatment plans (use the PHR)
- For a mental health crisis line, call your county’s crisis link or the suicide prevention hotline.
Phone calls are charged to you or your insurance at the following rates:
- 5-10 minutes: $30
- 10-20 minutes $55
- 20-30 minutes: $80
For medication refills, please call your pharmacy 5 days before you are out of medication and ask that they send a refill request to our clinic. This helps to ensure accuracy in our prescriptions.
Some medications require close monitoring due to potential side effects. We may request a visit prior to refilling.
Be aware some controlled substance prescriptions cannot be called in, e-prescribed, or faxed and may take additional processing time.
See our policy on controlled substance prescribing for additional details
Same Day Appointments
Please call early in the day, as these spots are limited and fill quickly! If there is no available appointment with your Primary Care Provider, the receptionist will offer an appointment with another available practitioner. You may be transferred to the Medical Assistant to discuss your need and help determine the best course of action.
Examples of common needs for same-day appointments:
- Colds & Flu symptoms
- Sore Throat
- Minor cuts or lacerations
- Urinary tract infection
- Stomach Flu
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment or arrive too late to be seen by the provider a $50.00 fee will be assessed.
Controlled Substance Policy
When to call 911/go to ER
Call 911 or go to the emergency room for these life-threatening emergencies:
- Injury with loss of consciousness
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Sudden numbness in the limbs or face
- Difficulty speaking
- Severe shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sudden or severe chest pain or pressure
- Major injuries, motor vehicle accidents
- Stab Wounds
- Sudden and severe abdominal pain
- Vomiting blood
- Acute asthma or similar breathing condition
- New seizure