Northwest Integrative Medicine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy clinic for both our patients and employees. We are closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak and following the recommendations of the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We are increasing our efforts to prevent the spread of any illness. To do so, we are emphasizing and/or implementing the following measures:
- Routine phone screening of patients
- Screening upon arrival with containment and isolation, if necessary
- Implementing telemedicine visits
- Increasing physical space between employees and patients when and where appropriate
- Practicing good hand hygiene
- Observing respiratory etiquette (sneezing or coughing into your elbow rather than your hands)
- Emphasizing regular handwashing with and between patients
- Consistent use of hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing surfaces and medical equipment regularly
- Maintaining adequate inventory of medical supplies and personal protective equipment
- Encouraging any employee who does not feel well to stay home to prevent the spread of any illness
With respect to patients and visitors, anyone with respiratory symptoms who thinks they may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 should first call the clinic before coming or going to an urgent care center or Emergency Department so that provisions can be made to minimize exposure of other patients.
It is our highest priority to ensure the safety and health of our patients, visitors, and employees. Any update to information regarding clinic hours or protocols will be posted on our social medial platforms and our website as we see what becomes necessary in the days to come. We appreciate your cooperation and efforts to keep our community safe and healthy during this uncertain time.
Stay safe, stay healthy.
Stephanie Culver, ND
Chief Medical Officer